Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Multimedia Final Project

The final project wasn't too difficult: it just required a lot of coordinating the music and the script with the slides. I chose the topic of London, England because when I went there, I felt an immediate attachment and connection. When writing my script, I chose to focus on the hopes and dreams ever present in London. I then specifically focused on the Queen because she represents hopes and dreams. My ending paragraph is a quote summarizing the atmosphere of London.

I wanted this presentation to be more artistic and less tourist-like, so I took artistic pictures of London off of Google. Using the storyboard I had created, I developed 18 slides with different timings to match my script and to fill the two-minute slot. After creating the slide show, I worked on the audio. It took me a while to figure out which songs I wanted to use, but I ended up incorporating two very different songs about London. The first one, "Good Life" by One Republic, contained lyrics, while the second song, "30 Minutes in London" by Antoine Dufour, did not. I transferred these songs into Audacity as .wav files and then coordinated my script with the music. I wanted the intro, middle, and end narrations to be separated by a little bit of music. Once I created the final audio piece, I imported it into the Powerpoint presentation. From there, I created Soundslides and then imported the files into WebMg.


No comments:

Post a Comment