Monday, November 30, 2009

BiBi Cards




Creating the BiBi cards was extremely tedious, but educational. Creating the card in Quark was much more difficult than creating it in InDesign because of the lack of tools in ID.

To create the card back spotted background, I used the Photoshop program because the effect I needed was not available in InDesign or Quark. I used the sponge effect with a specific blue-green color in Photoshop and experimented with the transparency.

All of the text styles I used were luckily available in both programs, although the thickness of the fonts varied. This created a problem when trying to find a font small enough yet still legible for one of the sections on the card. I had to use the free transform tool in ID on almost all of the text, but Quark did not have that tool, making it difficult to transform the text. I found out that changing the X and Y variables of the text on a tool box on the bottom of the window worked best.

In both programs, I had the most trouble creating a triangle shape, because neither program includes the triangle shape option. In ID, I had to distort and free transform a rectangle shape and in Quark, I had to use a pen tool (which took me a while to figure out).

Other than a few shape and text road blocks, I had no problem creating the rest of the BiBi card. The front with the barcodes took some time, but it was just creating a bunch of different sized rectangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment