Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pamphlet



Creating a pamphlet in InDesign was much less difficult than creating a project in QuarkXPress, but the pamphlet did take a great deal of time to create. To set up the document, I chose a landscape document and added 3 columns. To create the yellow background, I traced the document with a rectangular box and used the fill tool. I thought framing the pamphlet with a red border would make the pamphlet appear neater. I used the thematic colors of red and yellow because those are the colors of Canobie Lake Park. Transferring the images from the Internet to the pamphlet document caused the most trouble for me. I had to create an image box on the InDesign document, size the online photo in photoshop, and then transfer the image to the image box. For the headings, I used a Serif font called Minion Std. and for the main font, I used a Sans Serif font called Myriad Web Pro. I thought that displaying a coupon offer on the font of the brochure would attract more people to the brochure because people are interested in saving money. I provided a schedule of events, using the table tool, and wrote about a few rides to give the reader an idea of what to expect. I would have to say I am most proud of the schedule. I tried to incorporate a variety of rides to attract a wide range of ages to the park. Given more time, I would probably be more creative with the pamphlet design. The pictures on the pamphlet look blurry on the computer, but when printed, they did not come out blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment