Monday, October 26, 2009

Poster


For the background, I took a photo off of Google, resized it, and added the dry brush filter. I dragged it into Quark and resized it again as an image. I then added two back rectangular boxes to the poster to fill out the rest of the background. I added AAchen Bold font using the textbox for the Nickelback title and used blue font because that style is most often related to this band. In font styles, I chose a gray shadow for the Nickelback title. I used Charlemagne font for the Live word and tilted the word while the text box was selected. For the two bottom texboxes I used bright blue Apple Casual font to grab the reader's attention. I also tilted the texboxes and added a 4-point solid frame. The StubHub icon was taken from Google, edited in Photoshop, and transferred to Quark through image import. I also placed a cutout filtered photoshop stage picture in Quark and then changed the opacity in Quark.

The difference of layers between Quark and Photoshop was confusing and sometimes made it difficult to add images. I have never used Quark before, which made it extremely hard because I basically had no idea what I was doing. I had the most trouble with importing images into Quark. Sometimes when I put images on my poster, they would cut out a spot on my poster or wouldn't move beyond a certain point. I'm most proud of my filtered Nickelback photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment