Saturday, September 26, 2009

Font Poem





I chose these particular words out of a poem because they were the most descriptive and I felt they would be easiest to create in Photoshop. Fonts I included in my poem include Monaco, Ruzicka Freehand, Nuptial Script, Ironwood, Rockwell Extra Bold, Edwardian Script, Myriad Pro, Zipty Do, Pompeia, Nyx, OCR A, Oragami, Synchro LET, and Shuriken Boy. For the simpler words such as they, are, and the, I used simpler fonts so as not to take away from the more important words of the poem. For "sky," I used a sky color and used an airy like font. For the first "rain", I used a blue color and then used a font that looked as though it was melting or dripping down like rain. For the second "rain," I used a bambo looking font to convey the feeling of rainforest rain and tilted the word downward to convey the motion of rain. I used a fancy pink font style for the "roses" to convey the femininess of roses. I shadowed "they" with one other lighter colored gray "they" because they is a plural word. The word off is coming off of the word "from" to represent the meanings of the words. "Shaken" is blurry and shaky and "bush" is bold and circular to represent the words. I chose a background with rain droplets and transformed the color into dark gray.

I had a hard time remembering how to create different effects for each font, so I had to constantly use trial and error. One of the biggest problems I faced was creating layer styles until I found out that the blend option had to be changed from multiply to normal. I would have to say I am most proud of overcoming these obstacles on my own and creating a piece that fits the requirements for a font poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment